NBB II Bilirubin Phototherapy Bed: Benefits and Features
NBB II Bilirubin Phototherapy Bed
NBB II Bilirubin Phototherapy Bed is a game-changer in the treatment of neonatal jaundice. Learn about its features and benefits in our ultimate guide.
Table of Contents
The NBB II Bilirubin Phototherapy Bed is a revolutionary device that uses light therapy to treat Neonatal jaundice. In this guide, we’ll explore the features and benefits of this innovative technology.
What is neonatal jaundice?
Neonatal jaundice is a common condition in newborns that affects up to 60% of newborns and can lead to jaundice, and other complications in newborns. It occurs when there is an excess of bilirubin in the blood.
Bilirubin is a yellow pigment that is produced when red blood cells break down. In healthy babies, the liver is able to process and eliminate bilirubin from the body. However, in some cases, the liver may not be fully developed or functioning properly, leading to a buildup of bilirubin in the blood and causing the yellowing of the skin and eyes associated with neonatal jaundice.
How does the NBB II Bilirubin Phototherapy Bed work?
NBB II Bilirubin Phototherapy Bed is a commonly used instrument that is specifically designed to treat neonatal jaundice in newborn babies. The medical neonatal jaundice treatment bed is made up of a special light that emits blue light, which is known to be effective in breaking down bilirubin in the blood. The blue light works by converting the bilirubin into a water-soluble form that can be easily excreted by the body through urine and stool.
thus reducing the levels of bilirubin in the blood and preventing complications from hyperbilirubinemia.
The NBB II Bilirubin Phototherapy Bed is made up of a light source that emits blue light and a mattress that is specifically designed to provide support and comfort for the baby. The light source is positioned above the baby and is enclosed in a clear canopy to protect the neonate from excessive exposure to the light.
NBB II Bilirubin Phototherapy Bed features
The NBB II is a neonate bilirubin phototherapy equipment that offers numerous benefits for both healthcare providers and patients, such as:
- The bed is easy to use and can be operated by healthcare providers with minimal training, making it a convenient and cost-effective solution for hospitals and clinics.
- It provides effective and safe treatment for neonate bilirubin reducing the need for invasive procedures such as blood transfusions.
- The bed is also designed to be comfortable and safe for the baby, with adjustable height and temperature controls, and a protective cover to shield the baby’s eyes from the light.
- The NBB II Bilirubin Phototherapy Bed also provides a comfortable and safe environment for newborns. The bed is designed to be soft and comfortable, with a specially designed mattress that provides support and cushioning for the baby.
- The bed also features a clear canopy that allows doctors and parents to easily monitor the baby during treatment, while also protecting the baby from excessive exposure to blue light.
What happens during treatment?
During treatment, the baby is placed on the mattress and positioned under the blue light source. The baby is then monitored closely to ensure that the treatment is effective and to watch for any signs of discomfort or complications.
The duration of treatment varies depending on the severity of the hyperbilirubinemia and the response to treatment. In general, treatment is continued until the bilirubin levels in the blood have decreased to a safe level.
In addition, the NBB II Bilirubin Phototherapy Bed is easy to use and can be adjusted to meet the specific needs of each individual baby.
Overall, the NBB II Bilirubin Phototherapy Bed is an effective and non-invasive treatment option for neonatal jaundice. It provides a safe and comfortable environment for newborns, while also allowing doctors to easily monitor and adjust treatment as needed. As such, it is an important tool in the management of hyperbilirubinemia in newborns and can help to prevent serious complications from this condition.